Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Finding My Purpose

What on earth am I here for? Thus begins the first section of The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren. The thing that still amazes me is that God knew me before I was born, that he has a plan and a purpose for me. I'm not just an accident of nature or the product of chance. Because of God, life has meaning and purpose.

When all is said and done here on earth we will not be judged by how much money we have, what jobs or honors we won, or by how popular we were. If you believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, you will be saved. With that knowledge you should do everything you can to follow Him and use the gifts he gave you for the greater glory of His kingdom.

This week's readings give me much to think about in my own life and conduct. And I'm only on Day 4.

No comments: