Thursday, December 16, 2010

Waiting for Christmas

I've been blogging this year over at The Jesus Boat Blog (affiliated with the Jesus Boat Museum in Israel).  The Advent season has me struggling, as always, with keeping my focus on Christ at Christmastime.  Having 2 young children has made me long for the days when the only distractions were work and school.


Here's an except from my latest post.  I've found that writing during Advent is a wonderful way to keep my focus where it should be.

Waiting for Christmas
They never heard him give a sermon, never listened to him tell a parable, never saw him perform a miracle. Long before his words and deeds would bring many to revere him and others to condemn him, two witnesses proclaimed Jesus as the long awaited Messiah.


“Now there was a man in Jerusalem called Simeon, who was righteous and devout. He was waiting for the consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was on him.  It had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not die before he had seen the Lord’s Messiah.” (Luke 2:25-26)


When the Sprit led Simeon to the infant Jesus, he found the fulfillment of God’s promise and peace filled his soul. For, to see Jesus was to behold salvation.  


To read the rest, visit http://www.jesusboatmuseum.com/blog/




No comments: