Thursday, November 19, 2009

Black Bean and Corn Soup


Fall is here and the weather's finally cool enough to think "soup".  The St. Petersburg Times featured an article on 25 quick recipes that sound easy (and yummy).  I went right for the Black Bean and Corn Soup--healthy and tasty.


Yes--there's a whole jalapeno in there, but the soup is not spicy.  My only complaint was that the soup was a little thin and 1 cup of corn looked a bit lonely.  So I added 2 cups. 


I plan to make this again--with either a little less chicken broth or more black beans.


Black Bean and Corn Soup


Ingredients
1 onion, chopped
1 jalapeno, diced
1 clove garlic, diced
olive oil
4 cups chicken broth
2 cans drained black beans
1 tsp cumin
1 cup frozen corn kernels (I used 2 cups)
sour cream (optional)

1-  Saute onion, jalapeno, and garlic in olive oil.
2-  Add chicken broth, black beans, and cumin.
3-  Simmer for 10 minutes.
4-  Puree soup and return to pan.
5-  Add frozen corn and heat through.
6-  Serve with sour cream.



Working my way through some new recipes.  I'll be sure to share the good ones.

No comments: